|Name of Structure:
||At the End of Bridge Street
|Who Built it:
Avonmore House was built in 1791. It is a 3-storey house with basement, stuccoed, with the ground floor rusticated. The main doorcase has a grand entrance situated at the head of a fine flight of steps with good railings.
In the tympanum over the door is a lunette of the sleeping Venus with Cupid, tree and urn. The house is the former home of George Crozier, prominent solicitor, agent for the Earl of Moira and father of Captain Crozier. Bought in 1968 by Lloyd Cowdy.
This fine building housed the council offices for a while and now ironically houses offices which include a solicitors.